Friday, December 21, 2007

Step into the light

Isaac, Abigail, and Samuel are playing NICELY together.
Sam comes in my room.

Sam: Mama, can you tie this apron on me?
Me: Sure, what are you playing?
Sam: I'm the step-dad.
Me: What?
Sam: the step-dad. Ike says I have to be the step-dad.
Me: Isaac! What is Sam?
Ike: He's the step-dad and I'm the regular dad.
Me: What is a step-dad, Ike?
Ike: MOM!! I already know all about step-dads!
Me: tell me
Ike: Come here and we'll show you.

Sam and Ike lead me out to the hallway.

Ike: See, there's MY 'house' in Abby's room. I'm the regular dad.
Sam: this is my house (pointing to the stairs) 'cause I'm the step-dad.
Ike: Sam, show her.

Sam hops onto the second step and lies down.
Sam: see! this is the step-house for the step-dad!
Me: You're right, Ike. You do know all about step-dads!

4 comments:

Candace/Chloe said...

ROTFL! Very cute!!!

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Kelly and I both died laughing. Too funny!

Papa said...

I think I'm a little more concerned about Sam wanting the apron. I also thought that there is an inherent danger is being s "step-dad". One roll and you're heading down, head first.